Last updated: April 14, 2023
This policy governs the use of the website at allinbits.com, the associated tools and services, and any public source code repository offered by the operator. Collectively, the allinbits.com website, the associated tools and services, and the public source code repositories offered by the operator are referred to as the “Services” in these terms. The operator may offer other products and services.
All in Bits (AiB), Inc., a Delaware corporation, operates the Services. It and its affiliates are referred to in this document as the “operator,” “we,” or “us.”
If you do not want us to collect, use or disclose your personal data in the ways described in this policy, please do not use, or otherwise interact with the Services, provide us with your personal data, or authorize any third party to make your personal data available to us. By using or interacting with the Services, you acknowledge that you understand that we may use your personal data as described in this policy. Please note, as described in this policy, we may receive your personal data from third parties that have not expressly told you that they will provide your personal data to us. If you have any questions about how we collect, use, protect or disclose your personal data in connection with our platform, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
Blockchain technology, also known as distributed ledger technology (or simply ‘DLT’), is at the core of our business. Blockchains are decentralized and made up of digitally recorded data in a chain of packages called ‘blocks’. The manner in which these blocks are linked is chronological, meaning that the data is very difficult to alter once recorded. Since the ledger may be distributed all over the world (across several ‘nodes’ which usually replicate the ledger) this means there is no single person making decisions or otherwise administering the system (such as an operator of a cloud computing system), and that there is no centralized place where it is located either.
This means that by design, a blockchain’s records cannot be changed or deleted and are said to be ‘immutable’. This may affect your ability to exercise your rights such as your right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’), or your rights to object or restrict processing, of your personal data. Data on the blockchain can’t be erased or changed. Although smart contracts may be used to revoke certain access rights, and some content may be made invisible to others, it is not deleted.
In certain circumstances, in order to comply with our contractual obligations to you (such as the delivery of tokens) it will be necessary to write certain personal data, such as your wallet address, onto the blockchain; this requires you to execute such transactions using your wallet’s private key.
In most cases ultimate decisions to (i) transact on the blockchain using your wallet address, as well as (ii) share the public key relating to your wallet address with anyone (including us) rests with you.
If you want to ensure your privacy rights are not affected in any way, you should not transact on blockchains as certain rights may not be fully available or exercisable by you or us due to the technological infrastructure of the blockchain. The blockchain is available to the public and any personal data shared on the blockchain will become publicly available.
Individuals under the Age of 18
As per our Terms of Service, individuals under the age of 18 are not permitted to use the Services. As such, we do not knowingly collect, solicit or maintain personal data from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Services.
In the event that we learn that we have collected personal data from an individual under the age of 18, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete that information from our database. Please contact us if you have any concerns. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided personal data to the Services, please contact us so that we may remove such data. Note that we cannot delete information stored on public cryptographic blockchains.
Things you and others do and provide.
- Information and content you provide. We collect the content, communications, and other information you provide when you use our Services, including when you create an account, initiate the use of the Services, create or share content, and message or communicate with others. This information may include, but is not limited to:
- • Name
- • Address
- • Phone Number
- • SSN (or equivalent)
- • Financial Information
- • Date of Birth
- • Citizenship
- • Payment Information
- Information used to verify your identity. If required to help us verify your identity, you may provide us a copy of your driver’s license, passport, or other government-issued ID. If required to help us verify your residence, you may provide us with a utility bill, lease or other proof of residence. You may also provide us with other verification documents, such as bank statements reflecting the source of funds, to meet U.S. Bank Secrecy Act or anti-money laundering laws, US Treasury Department rules or regulations, or other legal requirements. If you seek to invest through an entity or corporation, you may provide us with documentation relating to the entity’s jurisdiction of formation, legal status, and ownership. By providing the verification information and documents mentioned above, you also provide us with information within those records, which may include characteristics of protected classifications like your sex, age, national origin, and citizenship.
- Financial information. In order to transfer funds, you may need to provide us and our third-party financial providers or partners with certain account and other payment information, such as information needed to make payment via ACH, wire, electronic checks, cryptocurrency, foreign currency, or any other payment methods. You may agree to your personal and financial information being transferred, stored, and processed by such third parties in accordance with their respective privacy policies.
- Your usage. We collect information about how you use our Services, such as the types of content you view or engage with; the features you use; the actions you take; the people or accounts you interact with; and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities.
- Information about transactions made on our Services. If you use our Services for transactions of any kind, we collect information about them.
- Things others do and information they provide about you. We also receive and analyze content, communications, and information that other people provide when they use our Services.
How do we protect your information?
Our Site is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
As described below, we collect information from and about the computers, phones, and other web-connected devices you use that interact with our Services, and we combine this information across different devices you use.
Information we obtain from these devices includes:
- Device attributes: information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, app and file names and types, and plugins.
- Device operations: information about operations and behaviors performed on the device, such as whether a window is foregrounded or backgrounded, or mouse movements (which can help distinguish humans from bots).
- Identifiers: unique identifiers, device IDs, and other identifiers. Data from device settings: information you allow us to receive through device settings you turn on, such as access to your GPS location, camera, or photos.
- Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address, connection speed, and, in some cases, information about other devices that are nearby or on your network.
- Cookie data: data from cookies stored on your device, including cookie IDs and settings.
- Information necessary to enable push notifications: if you enable push notifications in our services, we will collect information from your device as may be necessary to enable such notifications
Information from partners
- When you log into the Services with an email or social media account, we collect information about you from the email or social media provider.
- See the “Third-Party Data Collection” section for additional information on the third-party collection of data.
When using the Services
When using the Services, we may collect and process personal data. The data will be stored in different instances. We collect and use this information to provide you the Services and to debug issues and provide support.
- On the Blockchain the following data may be stored:
- • addresses of externally owned accounts
- • transactions made; and
- • token balances.
The data will be stored on the Blockchain. Given the technological design of the blockchain, this data will become public and it will not likely be possible to delete or change the data at any given time.
- In our web servers, we will store the following data:
- • addresses of externally owned accounts; and
- • transactions made.
- Log Data
- • the Internet protocol address (“IP address”); and
- • transaction-id/ Hash.
Tracking and Uses
We use the information we have (subject to the choices you make) as described below to provide and support the Services. Here’s how:
Provide, personalize, and improve our Services.
We use the information we have to deliver our Services, including to personalize features and content.
- Information across devices: We connect information about your activities on different devices to provide a more tailored and consistent experience.
- Location-related information: We use location-related information such as your current location, where you live, the places you like to go, and the businesses and people you’re near to provide, personalize and improve our Services.
- Product research and development: We use the information we have to develop, test and improve our Services, including by conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting new products and features.
- Ads and other sponsored content: We use the information we have about you – including information about your interests, actions, and connections – to select and personalize ads, offers, and other sponsored content that we show you.
Provide measurement, analytics, and other business services.
We use the information we have (including your activity on our Services) to help advertisers and other partners measure the effectiveness and distribution of their ads and services and understand the types of people who use their services and how people interact with their websites, apps, and services.
The Services use Google Analytics to gather information about their use. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit this site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to this site. The Services use the information we get from Google Analytics only to improve this site. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit this site, rather than your name or other identifying information.
Promote safety, integrity, and security.
We use the information we have to verify accounts and activity, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent spam and other bad experiences, maintain the integrity of our Services, and promote safety and security.
Communicate with you.
We use the information we have to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Services, and let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
Because the recognition of the Do Not Track HTTP header feature of your web browser is not standardized, the Services don’t recognize it for tracking purposes.
Third-Party Data Collection
Third parties may collect or receive certain information about you and/or your use of the Services to provide content, ads (including personalized ads), or functionality, or to measure and analyze ad performance, in or through the Services. These third parties include, but are not limited to:
You may choose whether to receive certain personalized (also known as targeted) advertising from participating ad networks, audience segment providers, ad-serving vendors, other service providers, or entities by visiting websites operated by the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance or if you are a user in the European Economic Area, Your Online Choices. We adhere to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising.
The Services may keep the information we gather about you for an unlimited length of time.
To request that information collected about you be deleted, please contact us at the email provided in this policy. A valid request must include sufficient information to identify your personal data. Note that we cannot delete information stored on public cryptographic blockchains.
The Services only share information about you with others as follows:
- We may post or re-post your public social media comments or content.
- We employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf, such as service providers that assist in the administration of the Services and our advertising and marketing efforts, identity verification services, data analytics companies that help us target our offerings, marketing partners, and payment providers. We may need to share your information with these companies. These partners may access this information so long as you have an account on the Services.
- We may also transfer your personal data to a third party as a result of a business combination, merger, asset sale, reorganization or similar transaction or to governmental authorities when we reasonably believe it is required by law or appropriate to respond to legal process.
- To operate the Services, we share information about you as needed with our service providers, including financial institutions, accountants, auditors, lawyers, payment processors, information technology consultants, advisors, and our affiliates. We only share information to the extent it is required to fulfill our obligations to you and to regulators and to operate the Services. The information is only shared so long as you have an account on the Services.
- We may share information about you with US, state, or international regulators, SEC, or FINRA where we believe doing so is required or appropriate to comply with any laws, regulations, or other legal processes or law enforcement requests, such as court orders, search warrants, or subpoenas.
- Third Parties to whom the information may be shared include, but are not limited to:
- • gno.land
- • ignite.com
- • cosmos.network
If you wish to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications or to opt out of the use of your information for the purposes described in this policy, please follow the opt-out instructions, such as clicking “Unsubscribe” (or similar opt-out language), in those communications. You can also contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] to opt out. Despite your indicated email preferences, we may send you service-related communications, including notices of any updates to our terms of service or this policy. Please understand that you will not be allowed to opt–out of certain communications required to comply with applicable laws, rules, and regulations or other legal and related notices concerning your relationship to the Services.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered, or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you have comments or questions about the privacy policies of the Services, contact email@example.com